NYC ITINERARY (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Friday, May 19, 2017
6:30 PM - 6:35PM - Introduction of NYC Administration for Children Services Commissioner, David Hansell
6:35PM - 6:45 PM- Welcome Remarks, Commissioner David Hansell
6:45PM - 6:50PM - Remarks from Founder and CEO of Fostering Change Network, Shalita O'Neale
6:50PM - 7PM- Heart of the Alumni Movement Awards
7PM- 7:10PM- NYC ACS Youth Achievement Awards, presented by Deputy Commissioner, Julie Farber
7:10PM-7:15PM - Remarks from Welcome Reception Sponsor, Thomas Bailey, KVC Health Systems
7:15PM-7:30PM - Musical Performance, Juice Cannon
7:30PM-8:30PM - Networking
Attire is Cocktail, and hors d' oeuvres will be passed.
SATURDAY, May 20, 2017
8:00AM – 5:00 PM Networking/Sponsor/Exhibitor Viewing
8:00AM-9:00AM Registration – Coffee/pastries
9:00AM – 9:15 AM Welcome Remarks with Shalita O’Neale and Robin Devonish
9:15AM – 10:30 AM MORNING PANEL - What is a brand and how to build it?
10:35-12PM Breakout Session Brainstorm – Discussion in Action (3)
1:05PM-2:20PM AFTERNOON PANEL – The Art of Networking: Positioning Yourself to Develop a Following
2:25PM-4PM Breakout Session Brainstorm – Discussion in Action (3)
4:05PM-5PM Report Out and Close with MC Robin Devonish
SUNDAY, May 21, 2017
8:00 – 5:00 PM Networking/Sponsor/Exhibitor Viewing
7AM-8AM Pilates with Daveda James,
8AM-9AM Registration – Coffee/pastries
9AM – 9:15AM Welcome Remarks with Robin Devonish
9:15AM – 9:45AM Icebreaker – Self Care, Group Meditation with Daveda James
9:50AM – 11AM Morning Panel – Choosing your Product or Platform. What will you offer and how?
11:05AM – 12:30PM Breakout Session Brainstorm – Discussion in Action (3)
12:30PM – 1:30PM Lunch
1:35PM-2:35PM Funding Your Vision with Serita Cox, Executive Director of iFoster
2:35PM - 3:15PM Embracing Your Difference and Activating Your Vision with Venice Garner
3:15PM-3:45PM Report out and Close Shalita O'Neale, Founder and CEO of Fostering Change Network
PANEL DISCUSSION DETAILS
Panels Facilitated by Robin Devonis
Panel 1 (Saturday May 20, 9:15AM - 10:30AM)- What is a Brand and How Do You Build It?
- Charlene Bolden, Author and Life Coach
- Christian Benjamin, Entrepreneur and Storyteller
- Jasmina Nikolov, Co-Founder, Miss Fix It NYC
This Panel Discussion will cover different ways to begin or continue building your personal and professional brand. Attendees will learn:
- What a brand really is
- What to avoid as you create/build your brand
- How to promote yourself and your business by promoting your brand through Storytelling
- The importance of a logo, website and marketing materials and templates/software you can use to make it look like you’ve been in business for years, even if you just started.
- How to use your foster care history to propel you forward
- How to determine what you want to offer the world through your brand
Breakout Discussions Facilitated by: Charlene Bolden, Christian Benjamin The purpose of this session is to apply the information shared in the What is a Brand and How Do You Build It? Panel. Attendees should come equipped with a laptop or cell phone (if possible), business cards (if possible) any current marketing materials, notebook and pen to capture ideas.
Panel 2 (May 20, 1:05Pm - 2:20PM): The Art of Networking: Positioning Yourself to Develop a Following
- Carmen Fletcher, Founder and CEO of CB Fletcher Speaks
- Jamell Henderson, Brooklyn College Graduate, Political Science
- Dianne Callister, Head of Partnerships, United Nations, Office of Information and Technology, NYC
In this Panel Discussion attendees will learn:
- The Dos and Don'ts of networking
- How to develop collaborations and partnerships with others to advance your vision
- How to find networking opportunities
- How to identify speaking/training opportunities
- Speakers Etiquette (When do you ask for compensation vs. when you can expect to pay for a speaking opportunity)
- How to build a presence through social media that will have people contacting you to learn how they can support your work
- How to use existing software and apps to create and manage a large following
- Public relations and marketing tools you can use to market your personal and professional brand
Breakout Discussions Facilitated by: Pauline Gordon and Carmen Fletcher The purpose of this session is to apply the information shared in the The Art of Networking: Positioning Yourself to Develop a Following Panel. Attendees should come equipped with a laptop or cell phone (if possible), business cards (if possible) any current marketing materials, notebook and pen to capture ideas. Activities may include creating/updating social media pages, visiting websites to apply for speaking/training opportunities, practice networking, etc.
Panel 3 (Sunday, May 21st 9:50AM-11AM)- Choosing your Product or Platform. What Will You Offer and How?
- Shavonne Jackson, Creator of TheQueensKorner
- Serita Cox, Founder and CEO, iFoster
Latasha Watts, Author, Speaker/Trainer, Fostering Change Network LLC Consultant
In this Panel Discussion, attendees will learn:
- How to determine which field to pursue or which talent to promote
- How to prepare to launch your business or endeavor
- How to develop a business/organization plan or personal development plan
Breakout Discussions Facilitated by: Serita Cox and Charlene Bolden. The purpose of this session is to apply the information shared in the Choosing Your Product Platform: What will You Offer and How Panel. Attendees should come equipped with a laptop or cell phone (if possible), business cards (if possible) any current marketing materials, notebook and pen to capture ideas. Activities may include, visiting websites of organizations/individuals in similar fields to get ideas, begin drafting business/organization/personal plans, pitching idea and getting feedback to other attendees.