Be a part of something big in 2017
There are a large number of successful alumni of the foster care system across the U.S and worldwide. It is our mission to build a strong alumni network of professionals who are supported in their professional and personal endeavors.
WHO: Early to Mid Career Professionals with personal foster care/adoption histories (Alumni/Adoptees of Foster Care). We are also hosting a number of our little brothers and sisters transitioning from the foster care system ages 17-20. Conference. Attendees will:
- LEARN What a brand is and how to build one for themselves
- NETWORK with alumni to share successes and lessons learned and build partnerships that will create Social Capital.
- CONNECT with professional services and products that will assist with building and expanding their personal/professional brand
- DEVELOP an action plan on how they will launch their brand using the tools, information and support provided at the APNC.
- EXECUTE the plan of action developed at the APNC with coaching from FCN in the 6 months following the conference.
WHAT: The Alumni Powerhouse Networking Conference (APNC) is bringing transformative work to Foster Care through its partnership with Momentum Education!
Momentum education is a prominent organization, known for providing quality results driven coaching, dynamic personal development workshops and highly experiential team building and professional development courses. Become Powerful, Decisive and Effective with renewed passion, inspiration and clarity. What's Working, What's Not and What's Next will become evident for you with Momentum Education's trainings and tools.
Not only will the APNC provide a place for healing and personal development for people who have experienced the foster care system at some point in their childhoods, but attendees will also gain the tools, information, resources and connections to bring their personal and professional aspirations to fruition.
WHEN: Saturday, May 20th through Sunday, May 21st, 2017
WHERE: New York Hilton Midtown - 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, 10019
Should Attendees choose to stay at the hotel there are additional promotions of:
- Discount of 20% off of all tickets
- VIP Seating at the Gala (if attending) and Conference
- Professional Make up and Photograph
Contact the hotel directly to Reserve Your Room and be sure to mention the APNC Event - ( 212-261-5967.). Once your room is Reserved, please notify us and we will issue a 20% refund to the card/method used to register and you'll be added to the VIP list.
BE SURE TO JOIN US ON FRIDAY, MAY 19TH FOR OUR "SIX DEGREES OF FOSTER CARE" WELCOME GALA:
WHAT: Evening of performances and awards in celebration of those who have been touched by the foster care system in some way. We are expecting 300 attendees from all walks of life that live in, have lived in, work in or have been touched by foster care at some point in their lives.
- Darryl "DMC" McDaniels from the legendary hip hop group RunDMC will be performing with a live band.
- Humble G, the Violinist creating hip hop music with a conscience
- Bathsheba, Cage Free Voices, Music and Spoken Word
WHEN: May 19, 2017, 6PM-10PM
WHERE: CONFERENCE VENUE New York City Hilton, Midtown
TO REGISTER FOR THE GALA AND/OR THE CONFERENCE CLICK HERE!
Proceeds from the APNC will support alumni/adoptees of foster care looking to start their own non-profit organizations, social enterprises or to expand their professional skill sets.
Fostering Change Network is a company founded by a professional alumna of foster care to connect other professionals from foster care to support each other personally and professionally through alumni-only business conferences, virtual forums and webinars.
The purpose of the APNC is to bring entry to mid-level professionals who have experienced the foster care system from across the country to a safe and supportive space where they can promote their business endeavors, get feedback from other alumni on how to build and expand their businesses (and non-profits) as well as connect professionally and personally with other adult professionals from foster care.
The APNC plans to attract over 200 professionals from foster care nationwide and will feature presentations from successful alumni from across the country.
Fostering Change Network Members will receive special raffles and conference perks. Not a Member? Visit www.fosteringchangenetwork.com Under the FCN Foundation Tab to Join!
- Shalita O'Neale
- Sarah Pauter
- April Curtis
- Latasha Watts
- Jamole Callahan
- Susan Emfinger
- Courtney Ramirez, Administration for Children Services, NYC
- Pauline Gordon, Administration for Children Services, NYC
- Stephon Baines, iFoster
- Serita Cox, iFoster